On Monday, British musician Elton John testified in the defense’s favor at the sexual assault trial of Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey.
The two-time Oscar winner disputes 12 allegations involving four individuals, including a claim of indecent assault, that are said to have occurred between 2001 and 2013.
The musician and his husband David Furnish testified via video link from Monaco about Spacey attending a yearly gala at their Windsor, west of London, home.
One of the claimed victims claims that Spacey assaulted him as he was driving the actor to the charity event. He claims that Spacey gripped him “so hard” that they almost ran off the road.
Spacey, 63, had earlier claimed in court that the incident “never happened” and that he was “not on a suicide mission” in Southwark Crown Court in London.
He admitted to touching the man but said it wasn’t in a “violent, aggressive, painful way” and claimed that they had been flirting with each other.
In response to inquiries from the prosecution, John stated that he remembered Spacey attending the charity event in the early 2000s while dressed in “white tie.”
“He was on a flight, he came on a private jet, and he came straight to the ball,” John testified in court, adding that Spacey spent the night at their house following the event.
John remarked, “I don’t recall him coming after that.”
The musician responded “I assume so, yes” when asked if he had arrived directly off the private plane.
Furnish, who was the first to testify, also recalled seeing Spacey at the gathering.
“He was an Oscar-winning actor, and there was a lot of excitement he was at the ball,” the director told the jury.
Other than going to the ball, he continued, “I don’t remember Kevin ever coming to the house again.
As Another Son
When Spacey entered the witness stand earlier in the trial, he mentioned a number of famous people, including John.
He mentioned buying Judi Dench a ping pong table after they collaborated on the 2001 movie “The Shipping News,” claiming that they grew close and had a “lovely friendship.”
As the court heard character testimony from friends and family members on Monday, Spacey started to get teary-eyed and wiped his eyes.
Spacey was characterized as “positive, supportive, and respectful” by “House” and “Dead Poets Society” actor Robert Sean Leonard, while Chris Lemmon, the son of “Some Like It Hot” actor Jack Lemmon, claimed Spacey was “like another son” to his father.
Spacey won Academy Awards for “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty,” and from 2004 to 2015, he served as creative director of London’s Old Vic theater.
The prosecution called Spacey a “sexual bully” who delighted in making other people uncomfortable, including by forcibly groping men’s crotches, at the trial’s beginning late last month.
The four alleged victims, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, spoke in court. One of them, a former aspiring actor, claimed that Spacey “drugged” him after performing a sex act on him when he woke up.
Spacey last week disputed the allegations of sexual assault and called the prosecution’s case against him “weak” in his testimony.
Anthony Rapp, a US actor, initially accused him of sexual assault several years ago. He has already testified in court that his world “exploded” and he “lost everything in a matter of days” after that.
Last year, it was determined that Rapp’s claims were unfounded.
The trial goes on.
Kizz Daniel responds to a rumor that he was detained in the Ivory Coast for reportedly receiving money instead of performing
Kizz Daniel, a Nigerian musician, has responded to rumors that he was detained in Ivory Coast for allegedly obtaining money and declining to perform.
The singer said that his agency signed a contract that included the phrase “no money, no performance” in a statement that was posted on his Instagram page. He went on to say that despite being promised his performance fee when he arrived in the nation and given the excuse of a “bank transfer delay,” he had consented to fly in and play.
Kidz Daniel also revealed that he performed in spite of not getting paid, but that he was forced to end the show because someone attacked his team backstage. The musician further disclosed that he has fled the nation and was not detained.
Ciara supports universal education and believes that equity and access are crucial.
Ciara Wilson, a philanthropist and Grammy Award-winning singer, has named equity and access as crucial elements in ensuring that all children receive an education worldwide.
This was said by Ciara on Tuesday during an interview with Anne Nwaghodoh of Channels Television at the SDG Media Zone event held in New York City in conjunction with the UN General Assembly.
With the Why Not You Foundation, the 37-year-old has long been a driving force behind the Sustainable Development Goals for maternal health and gender equality.
She remarked, “I believe that access, whether it be public or private, and equity are both crucial. What’s been amazing is that I think of my sister-in-law, who attended both public and private schools at various points in her life and both were excellent institutions. And I believe the access and equity she was able to enjoy were fantastic.
She attended Stanford and excelled there. You therefore consider those opportunities and the balance system to be extremely crucial. It is crucial that we keep raising the bar for our educational methods and curricula, as well as remaining aware of and adapting to societal changes.
It’s not like, ‘Let’s throw aside the old philosophies,’ you know. Keep some of the wonderful old traditions, but add some modern touches to reflect how this generation and the world are evolving. Put these ideas into practice to provide children with the opportunity they deserve.
The American singer acknowledged how crucial it is for her to be able to use her platform to change the world and inspire her friends to do the same.
Even though there has been significant progress in maternal health, Ciara emphasizes that much work still needs to be done in light of the fact that many women of African ancestry die during childbirth.
She argued that it’s critical to improve educational processes and courses, adding that doctors’ patient care and empathy are also crucial.
When discussing her music career, Ciara claimed she always thought from an early age that she would make it to the top—a goal she stated became a reality. She ascribed her longevity to her mentality.
She acknowledged that while the voyage could seem lovely and glamorous, it wasn’t always that way and noted that she occasionally had to dig deep.
Ciara declared that she was committed to continuing to have fun and provide her fans with songs.
Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk concur to hold a cage match.
Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg, two of the most well-known technology billionaires in the world, have agreed to square off in a cage match.
Mr. Musk declared that he was “up for a cage fight” with Mr. Zuckerberg in a statement on the social media site Twitter.
A screenshot of Mr. Musk’s tweet with the message “send me location” was subsequently tweeted by Mr. Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook and Instagram parent firm Meta.
“The tale stands on its own,”
The comment from Mr. Zuckerberg was then met with Mr. Musk’s response, “Vegas Octagon.”
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fights take place on a competition mat inside of a fenced-in arena called The Octagon. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, the UFC.
Later this month, Mr. Musk, who will be 52, also tweeted: “I have this great move that I call “The Walrus,” where I just lie on top of my opponent and do nothing.”
Later, he posted a few walrus videos, maybe indicating that his challenge to Mr. Zuckerberg wasn’t fully serious.
As he added in another tweet, “I almost never work out, except for picking up my kids & throwing them in the air.”
In the meantime, Mr. Zuckerberg, 39, has been practicing mixed martial arts (MMA) and has lately triumphed in jiu-jitsu competitions.
The BBC approached Twitter for comment but received no response.
The debate over who would win the fight has gone widespread on social media, with fans posting memes and spoof advertisements for the match.
Seyi Taylor, a business consultant, tweeted, for instance, “Choose your fighter” along with images of the two tech executives.
Neymar’s girlfriend claims the PSG star can cheat under three circumstances.
According to reports, Neymar and his partner Bruna Biancardi have three requirements that must be met for the Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) forward to cheat.
Recall that the couple announced Biancardi’s pregnancy in April and are now getting ready to expand their family.
The Brazilian attacker has been traveling the world with his partner during the off-season to enjoy himself.
It has come to light, though, that the couple has a deal in place that permits him to be unfaithful.
Em Off and The Daily Mail claim that the PSG forward needs to meet three requirements in order to lie.
These include using a condom, remaining discreet, and refraining from mouth-to-mouth contact with the other participant.
According to the Brazilian outlet, the Brazil international is permitted to flirt and engage in sexual activity with other women.
Despite his dedication to Bruna Biancardi, whom he has been dating since 2020, this is the case.
Due to injury concerns and a chilly relationship with the club’s supporters, Neymar had a challenging season the previous year at Parc des Princes.
In 29 appearances across different competitions, he contributed 18 goals and 17 assists.
He underwent ankle surgery, though, and missed the final 14 games for the Parisians.
Celine Dion Postpones Shows in 2023 and 2024 Due to Health
The pop icon Celine Dion canceled all of her remaining performances for the years 2023–2024 on Friday, citing a lack of strength due to her ongoing battle with a rare neurological condition.
The 55-year-old Canadian opened up about how Stiff-Person Syndrome was impacting her singing last year.
“I’m very sorry to let you all down again… it’s best that we postpone everything until I’m truly ready to return to the stage, even if it crushes my heart,” the “My Heart Will Go On” singer tweeted.
“I won’t give up… and I’m eager to see you once more. Added she.
“With a sense of great disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024,” said a statement from the tour.
Dion added in a statement that was also uploaded on Instagram, “I’m trying incredibly hard to build back my strength, but touring can be really challenging even when you’re 100 percent.
Dion, one of the best female vocalists, is the creator of hits including “Because You Loved Me,” “My Heart Will Go On,” and “Think Twice.” Dion has an octave-busting voice.
She said in an emotional Instagram video that she had recently been diagnosed with Stiff-Person Syndrome and will not be prepared to begin her European tour in February as originally scheduled in December 2022.
She said that the condition was causing muscle spasms and “not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to”.
The torso, arms, and legs of sufferers frequently feel stiff, and noise or mental disturbance has been known to cause spasms.
Her 16-country European tour, which was scheduled to begin in Amsterdam in August and culminate with two shows at London’s O2 stadium in April of the following year, would be affected by the cancellations.
According to her website, tickets for the postponed events will be returned through the original point of purchase.
Dion’s “Courage World Tour” started in 2019, and she performed at 52 concerts before the Covid-19 outbreak forced her to postpone the remaining dates.
Due to her health issues, she ultimately decided to cancel the North American leg of the tour.
The Grammy-winning singer’s appearances in Europe were to have been her first world tour in ten years without her manager-husband Rene Angelil, who passed away from cancer in 2016.
Disappointed but sending Dion their best wishes, fans responded online.
“Not shocking, but no less depressing. We support you, Celine. Have courage. wrote the fan information account @LesRedHeads.
You needn’t apologize, Queen! Ensure your own wellbeing. Your health should be your top priority, @notaerz stated.
When Dion released the soundtrack for the movie “Love Again” last month, it raised hopes for a comeback. The album had five brand-new songs in addition to her previous classics.
Dion, the youngest of 14 children, was born in Quebec, Canada. When she was 12 years old, her mother submitted a recording of her to Angelil, who used his own home as collateral to finance her debut album.
She initially sang in French, but after taking English classes in the 1980s, she began belting out singles in English.
With “My Heart Will Go On,” the title song to James Cameron’s epic movie “Titanic,” she rose to international recognition in 1997.
She converted her fame into a consistent career at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, where she entertained crowds for 16 years with only a few breaks.